Coconut and Peanut Aubergine Curry
This creamy coconut and peanut aubergine curry is super simple to make and takes just 30 minutes- making it the perfect comforting meal to make midweek.
Makes: 4 meals
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- olive oil for frying
- aubergines 2, cut into large chunks
- onions 2, chopped
- garlic 2 cloves, crushed
- cumin seeds 1 tsp (or powder)
- turmeric 1 tsp
- chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- coconut milk 400ml
- tamarind paste 1 tbsp
- peanut butter 1 tbsp
- spring onions and breads or grains to serve
- Chop aubergines and onions into chunks
- Heat the oil in a pan. Cook the aubergine in batches until golden and soft. Add another tbsp of oil if you need to. Scoop out once they are done.
- Add the onion to the same pan and cook until soft and golden.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a minute. Add the spices and cook for 2 minutes.
- Tip in the coconut milk, tamarind and peanut butter. Simmer gently until the peanut butter dissolves.
- Add the aubergine back and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir through some finely chopped spring onions and your choice of grain or brain