Creamy Vegan Raw Slaw
Try this tangy German-style raw slaw recipe next time you're looking for a raw, living food salad.
Makes: 6-8 side portions, 4 mains
Preparation time: 15-20 mins
Cooking time: 0 mins
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 1/2 head purple cabbage
- 55g shredded red onion
- 2 carrots, grated
- 100g Rubies in the Rubble aquafaba mayo
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup cold pressed olive oil or flax seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- salt, to taste
Shred cabbage into a large bowl; add shredded carrot and onion.
Combine mayo, vinegar, mustard and oil. Whisk or shake in a jar. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper to taste, or more mayonnaise and a bit more vinegar if too sweet for your taste.
Add dressing to the shredded cabbage mixture, tossing as you add, until the cabbage is well moistened.
Refrigerate to chill thoroughly.