Vegan Pizza Triumph: kale and sweet potato with a smoky tomato sauce
Since moving to a plant-based by diet, 'traditional' pizza has been the thing that i've struggled to find a truly satisfying alternative too, but, I think i've cracked it with this smoky sweet potato, kale and walnut beauty!
Makes: 2 portions
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10-15 mins
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled and either sliced or cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 0.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 300g of prepared, whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1 bunch curly kale, stemmed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 32 cup vegan moxarella. A great recipe here if you want to make your own or buy it ready made if you're looking for a quick and easy option
- 2 tablespoons shredded vegan Parmesan (optional)
- 2 tablespoon crushed walnuts
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Organic tomato puree
- 1/2 tin organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Rubies in the Ruble Chipotle ketchup
- Pre-heat oven to 220C
- Boil the potato in water until tender. Remove from heat, drain and let cool 5 minutes.
- Mince garlic, chopped tomatoes and chipotle ketchup. Add tomato puree to thicken to preference
- Crush walnuts
- Roll out dough until 1cm thick.
- Spread tomato sauce on the base.
- Toss kale in remaining the olive oil; top pizza with moxarella, kale, sweet potato and Parmesan.
- Bake until crust is golden, sprinkling on walnuts once cooked